An S26 joins me

woodchips

Hello to all, slowly getting the hang of these forums.

I do feel a bit of a fraud here, all these enthusiasts here and I want to earn some money! Phew!

I have a Scammell S26 self loading dump truck that is to be well used in repairing all the roads in our wood, about 8km of them. It was bought to replace a CVRT Sultan.

An explanation. I have to shift lots and lots of spoil to repair the roads. The wood is very wet and steep, so a tracked vehicle is essential. So I bought a CVRT Sultan, stripped all the junk out of the inside and off the outside ready for some modifications. These involved cutting the whole of the body off just above the track mudgaurd level. This is when I discovered that the aluminium is 2" thick. Umm. Not really cuttable by anything. So, that idea floundered, any one want to buy a nice, empty, Sultan, comes with a VM diesel from a Range Rover. The Sultan was bought to replace an IFA Multicar.

An explanation. I needed to get around the wood with some light shifting duties. I bought the Multicar and it seemed ideal, except that it doesn't have much in the way of brakes. It is still here, and the brakes are still missing. Anyone want to buy it? Pretty good, 4X4, diff lock on rear, tipping body with loads of hydraulic services, about 7000km I think.

Before that I used to walk, got 4X4 boots but can't carry anything.

Before that I ddn't have a wood, but I did have lots more money.

Bob

• 3 weeks later...