German military trailer similar to Sankey MK1

Hi to all,

I am new here and I want to ask some questions.

But first let me tell some small words about my person.
I´m 26 years old from the south of  Germany and I have some trailers, because I like them.

Some weeks ago, I bought a military trailer (750kg), made by the german manufacturer Westfalia.
The year of manufacture is 1953, but only in 1955 the German military forces (=Bundeswehr) was formed. 
According to the license documents the trailer was used in the Bundeswehr from 1956 to 1969.

The trailer seems to be similar to a Sankey MK1 made by Brockhouse.
I think, the trailer is made in the UK, and in 1956, it got german license documents with a german manufacturer

http://hmvf.co.uk/topic/31643-sankey-mk1-draught-eye-removal/

Now I have the problem, that every time the overrun brake is activated, the handbrake is tighten.
Can´t disassemble the brake mechanic....

In my opinion, I have to pull the thredded rod, which supports the braking mechanic to the left...

Will be happy about solutions😃

Thanks a lot!

(I´m sorry for my bad english...😊)

20200120_165006.jpg

20200222_121836.jpg

No problem about the English.  It is good enough.  I suspect that there is one shaft inside another but they are seized.  You have to strip it down to its component parts to make sure all is free and you understand the mechanism.

John

Thanks to you for your post.
( Visited High School, but my english skills shrinked the last years..)

There´s the problem. I have no chance to strip the parts. The thread on the right ( you can´t seen on the picture, it´s on the upper side) is already busted my massive hammer bashes...
I tried to pull on the handbrakelever, but nothing.

It would be helpful if somebody gave me pictures of the disassembled brake mechanic

Daniel (yeah that´s my real name 🙂)