NCRS trailer conversion.

Very nice ! There's a lot more room without the front desk/bench. Mine was used for a while as a bar/clubhouse between release from the MoD and my purchase so it came with a beer tap and pipes !

Regards

Iain

I also have one of these magnificent trailers!

I have fitted bunk bed's in mine, & used the former bench shelf for the base of the bottom bunk!

I like the side windows in yours, a very nice addition & will let in a lot more light. & also allow viewing

outside at shows. When the weather is inclement, & you are safely ensconced in the dry! ;)

Nicely done Sir!

I use mine parked beside the house  as an office/radio station/radio workshop so no room to sleep inside except maybe on the floor!. Someone had fitted an Ebersbacher heater in the left hand antenna box which packed up (and blew smoke into the cabin forcing a rapid exit!) last winter so I will go all electric before this winter I think (if anyone can use the heater remains once extracted they are welcome to it !). I have one of the original TRP8255 radios but also various others - I am doing some changes inside so will do a photo once it is tidy again. 

Iain

73 de G0OZS

PS I think someone should retitle this thread from CVRT to NCRS to avoid confusion !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ferretfixer said:

I also have one of these magnificent trailers!

I have fitted bunk bed's in mine, & used the former bench shelf for the base of the bottom bunk!

I like the side windows in yours, a very nice addition & will let in a lot more light. & also allow viewing

outside at shows. When the weather is inclement, & you are safely ensconced in the dry! ;)

Nicely done Sir!

Hi ferretfixer

Windows were allready in it when i brought  it just had to tidy them up & get em tinted,

Must be very dark in them with the door shut.

all the better to see the VDUs ;) They were intended originally for a UK communications net to re-establish government after a nuclear war so had to be completely screened against electro-magnetic pulse to ensure that the equipment would still work. In practice they had a short service life and the radios were in many cases dismounted and used for other things (mine is labelled as having been at Sennelager in Germany!) 

Iain

73 de G0OZS

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Murfster said:

Hi ferretfixer

Windows were allready in it when i brought  it just had to tidy them up & get em tinted,

Must be very dark in them with the door shut.

Hello Murfster. Yes they are dark inside with the door shut. However, mine has the original lighting fitted, as well as the twin wall heaters. They were made originally with the one small rear door window fitted. For tactical applications in the field. With the blanking panel on the rear door, it was a simple matter to fit this & completely 'Black out' the trailer from emitting any light during night time hours. Mine served with a UK Yeomanry unit, so saw little traveling use in Service!

5 minutes ago, ferretfixer said:

Hello Murfster. Yes they are dark inside with the door shut. However, mine has the original lighting fitted, as well as the twin wall heaters. They were made originally with the one small rear door window fitted. For tactical applications in the field. With the blanking panel on the rear door, it was a simple matter to fit this & completely 'Black out' the trailer from emitting any light during night time hours. Mine served with a UK Yeomanry unit, so saw little traveling use in Service!

Morning ferretfixer

I have no history of minethe guy who brought it before me picked it up in scotland, we where doing military shows using a 9x9 mill tent too many cold nights and mornings.

So this is perfect,plus it was totally empty inside and i weighed it at work it was 1 ton 100 kilos so not overly heavy.

• 2 months later...

Just replaced the master cyl totally shot,the wheel cylinders i replaced the seals 1 to each cylinder size 1.1/8".

All 4 flexi hoses replaced + new bleed nipples.

Adjusted handbrake so it works.

Regreased the wheel bearings,suprised they wasn't timken,but if u look at the pic the numbers on there for ref.

All now is good.

20180925_182458.jpg

20180923_130922.jpg

20180923_104702.jpg

20180923_112543.jpg

20180925_182519.jpg

20180925_182450.jpg

20180923_112556.jpg

20180925_182534.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fitted a charge controller just needed a proper 100 watt solar panel wich arrived today.

Going to mount the solar on the roof permanently fixed,just waiting for the  braketry to come,was going to make spme but they are so cheap no brainer.

J have fitted a trailer plug to take the wiring from outside to inside.

20190421_153203.jpg

20190421_144316.jpg

20190421_153141.jpg

20190421_153146.jpg

Murf, Im surprised you fitted that plug on the rear in that position?

It is vulnerable when climbing the ladder, & also MIGHT let the ingress of water Etc inside eventually?

ALL electrical cables Etc that needed to go in /out from mine. I simply connected through the electrical box on the front of the trailer. Which was originally intended to allow Radio cables to go to Masts Etc. As you know, the lid of that Box has a folding rain shield. & this would have been much easier to do & was designed so that you didnt have to drill any further holes in the shelter body.

But hey! We are all wise after the event. Arent we?....🙄   I sold mine on a short while ago now, as my sleeping arrangements, & also vehicles have changed.

Still LOVE these trailers just as much though! ;) 

Hi f.f

Appreciate what youre saying,reason i went thorough there is cause just through the wall is my bty,solar,electris set up is.

Its a learning curve everything i do but it is well sealed though.

Did you get a good price for your trailer,they are not fo everyone.

1 hour ago, Murfster said:

What vehicle you running now.

Hi Murf. Now I have a Merc Unimog towing a Kassbohrer 1.5 Trailer with a Faun Kraka Folded inside!

My predilection is for Bundeswehr Stuff now, & my whole display is geared around a Para unit.

That existed in the Garrison Town in Germany, that I was stationed in myself.

This also aid's what I display, as I KNOW all that is layout is correct! ;)

Come & find Me at W&P, look for the German Federal flag with a yellow shield & an Eagle on that.

'Fallshirmjager Battalion 273'. I will have the kettle on! 👍

Edited by ferretfixer

6 minutes ago, Murfster said:

Hi f.f

Appreciate what youre saying,reason i went thorough there is cause just through the wall is my bty,solar,electris set up is.

Its a learning curve everything i do but it is well sealed though.

Did you get a good price for your trailer,they are not fo everyone.

Yes I was very pleased with my Price Realised. I did a deal on it,  most in cash. A new Wolf 9x9 Tent & a Deact No.4 Enfield as well.