Scammell Junior Constructor Photos needed!

Thecurlymonkey

Hey all,

I'm currently working on a project, a 57 and 64 Scammell Junior Constructor, on a 3D program, but unfortunately it seems next to impossible to find any kind of chassis or Interior photos.

I have the body basically finished, but only a basic chassis from the one photo I managed to find of a chassis, and no Interior.

If anyone owns a Junior Constructor or has any photos laying around I'd be grateful!

Ps: Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, mods please feel free to move this if needed.

Thanks!

scammellnodewae.png

Screenshot_48.png

Are you sure the reg number is correct, the series I am familiar with start UXC?

The body shapes look quite accurate with the exception of the roof panel above the doors which is completely wrong.

The cycle and fixed wings were both available throughout Junior production and the only mechanical changes I can think of were the introduction of hydraulic power steering instead of air, an upgrade from the 680 to the 680 Power Plus and the option of a SCG semi auto of which I only ever saw one.

Hey mike,

The Reg number is random. (probably one I saw on a photo and loosely copied)

The Project is still a work in progress, therefor not 100% accurate as of now, the radiatior/roofline and various other things still need a lot of work, I'll be sure to take note as I progress.

I do see what you mean about the roofline, the sides slope in slightly, something I'd obviously missed in the beginning.

Another few questions I forgot to ask are if there was ever a fifth wheel version of the jnr constructor? as I've searched through google looking for photos I've come across some diecast model versions, but am unsure if they're true to their real life counterparts?

And also what trailers would they pull? as I've seen very few photos of them pulling anything, and when I do there's no information about them!

Anyway, thank you for your time and opinions on my work, I'll be sure to put the new information into good use!

Alex

There were at least two Juniors that left the factory as artic tractors and others were converted, I remember Hills of Botley ran one.  The chassis, rear bogie, gearbox and 2 speed transfer box were essentially the same as the 6x6 Constructor so it was a robust bit of kit just lacking the extra driven axle and extra power of its sibling.

As for trailers they were often seen dragging the 60 ton (payload) Crane float trailers around with various loads including boilers and engine tenders, the video shows an unusual trailer which is the carrier from the old 100tonner fitted with a crude front bogie:

Edited by radiomike7