British motorcycle

charlie1944

As they say, unless you strike lucky, you will only ever get two out of the following three things in a search for a bike: cheap, quick and good. But you can improve your chances. If you have a marque in mind, join the club and post a WANT ad on their website. There are a few sites that cater for WD bikes. Beware cheap machines, though.....they are usually cheap for a reason. Any decent complete and running Brit WW2 bike will be at least £5k and up these days. Genuine parts and tinware for WD bikes are VERY expensive so anything that has wrong parts or is incomplete has to be really cheap and then be prepared for a long and wallet-bashing search for the bits.

It is usually cheaper to buy things privately as a dealer will have to add his % to make a profit,it's how they make money.

i saw a bike mr bray had listed a couple of months ago and had previously seen it on eBay 2k cheaper.i don't have a problem with that that's how business works but if I can find one before someone buys it and then try's to re-sell at a higher price it just makes more sense.

i do appreciate everyone's comments and advice though

Edited by charlie1944