stoneleigh sale

berni

tip for today.

stoneleigh is at the end of January & even though you don't get discount for pre booking your tickets it does mean you don't have to queue ( normally in the wind & the rain ). details are on the web site for those who are interested.

Glos guys & gals usually meet up around 11 am for tea so how about a HMVF meeting about 1pm ish for a tea & chat.

ta

Berni

i've double booked myself for the malvern sale which is a bit of a pain as malvern is only a few miles up the road from me in Glos where as i'm off to Durham instead, which is just a bit further.

I do like both shows but they are both just so much colder inside the halls than outside. :D this will make so much sense to those who go but its true.

maybe you could have a meet at both .

ta

berni

I'm visiting relatives in Esh winning & Stanhope so thought I'd throw in a visit to Harperly on the Saturday as well while up that neck of the woods. The German markets start that weekend at Harperly & seeing as I was born over there I fancied a bratty mit frites und mayo for lunch.

It's a bit cold & desolate up on the tops which is a shock for a southern softy like me so I shall be the one walking round with 3 hats & scarves, 2 pairs of gloves , thermal socks & padded boots with a jacket & a long winter coat with a hood for good measure :lol:

We will be trying to go up about once a year from now on but will maybe make the next visit in the summer.

The military show at Harperly is a bit far to drive in the bedford only going 30-35 mph maximum, but I'd like to go up in a car to have a look.

Nice part of the country.

ta

Berni