Dodge WC 51/ 52 Swedish Data plates

Johan E

Hello!

I may have an odd project going. I´m restoring my Dodge WC back to Swedish army standards c:a 1955.

On these vecicles all(?) original dataplates were exchanged for swedish ones. Is there anyone out there who have pictures and / or examples of these plates? My car is lacking all of these plates and I suppose I will have to find a way to make new ones.:-)

Best regards

Johan

Hok, Sweden

Tjenare Johan,

What model WC do you have?

See if you can rustle up a Swedish TM (Technical manual) for the Terrängbil M46, there might be pictures in there with the plaques you need. There's a company in Stockholm (or used to be, at least) that can/could make one off plaques using a picture as template (mall).

I found the TM at "Krigsarkivet" in Stockholm. You might find them at Tradera or Blocket, if you're lucky. Try joining the MFHF (Militärfordons Historiska Föreningen*), there's a lot of knowledge there.

* http://www.mfhf.se/cms/index.php

Good luck,

Göran N

Tjenare!

Nice to connect with other people here at the forum. My Dodge is a WC51 converted to a WC52, probably done by the army at delivery to Sweden. I understand that this was done by the workshops that made pre-delivery inspections. Judging by the faded paintwork and the gas-weld seam it has been done quite long ago.

At the moment there is a lot to do with my car. I hope to find exhaust-parts and maybe also most of the parts aft of the driving-compartment.:-)

I actually managed to find a swedish mechanics instruction yesterday at the Swedish military historical society:s homepage. I hope it will arrive today or tomorrow.

Thank you for the tip about the plate-makers, it sure will be usefull!

Regards

Johan i Hok

Tjenare Johan,

The winch extension on your Dodge might be a post war addition from the Dodge Factory. I heard that the Dodge Power Wagons had a winch extension that bolted on. This setup also fits the WW2 Dodge's.

I'm enclosing a picture (partial) of three of the plaques from a Swedish Dodge WC. Hope this helps.

I will exchange my exhaust manifold in my WC51, as it has a small hairline crack in it, about 5-6 cms long. I suppose the crack can be welded if you can find a welder that knows how to weld cast steel. I can sell the cracked manifold cheaply to you, if you want it.

Göran N

Svensk-Dodge-WC_skyltar.jpg

Tjenare and hello Goran!

I will make a trip to Gothenborg and collect parts for the exhaust system next week. It turned out that "Terräng-Axel" have what I need. Thank you for your offer about the exhaust manifold, but that and the silencer is actually all exhaust-parts I have on my WC.

I guess I might be able to hunt down a few more parts while in Gothenborg. There is always something you realise that you miss!

Johan

Dodge WC51/52 "Stjarna" ("Star" in swedish, namned by my children after an extra bonnet with an allied star painted on it):D

• 5 weeks later...

A nice trip to Gothenborg!

I was able to find my missing exhaustpipes, a couple of swedish rearlights (NOS) and some other odd bits and pieces for my Dodge.

And on the way home I got me an ESAB welding machine! Now I only need to find a garage .....

Johan