East of England tank museum

Rlangham

I heard that the non-running Morris LRC that used to be owned by Alex Scott is now at the East of England tank museum in unrestored condition - can anyone confirm this? Contacted the museum as well. Also, does the museum have many WW2 vehicles? From photos i've seen it looks like they have a large museum, but the website only show a few post-war vehicles (look very nice though)

Hi,

could be wrong but i thought that at Beltring they had some WW2 stuff i.e. bren gun carrier.

Ashley

Yes, they've definitely got at least two Bren Gun carriers. They had them at Belvoir Castle Steam fair last year.

It was one of those surreal moments, we were all tearing round the arena (abit like the White Helmets but in Military vehicles ) when I came face to face with one of them and instantly recognised the driver. If you look at any photo or video of a Bren Gun carrier taken at a recent show, it will nearly always be him driving it. And this was just like looking at a photo, except I was in a Ferret......doing 20 mph .....on very slippy mud.......heading towards a fence! :?

Regards

Richard

Hi all,

I know some of the guys up there as I used to pass a lot on business. Once I was passing so I thought I'd pop in there for a while and see how they were doing. They were getting an M60 fired up at that precise moment, so the guy told me to get in (in my suit) so I did, we drove round their course a bit and the knife-edge took me by surprise! From what I can remember when they first started out the whole museum was basically a tank graveyard for post war kit. Can remember some Bren gun carriers and can also remember a nice Saladin being there.

Cheers, Mick.