Rare GMC's.

Guest matt

I know this is a long shot but does anyone know of a surviving example or even parts of one of the following 1940 GMC's....

ACX-504,3 ton 4+2,178 wheelbase.

ACKWX-353.6+6.

ACW.4+4.

Of all these models less than two thousand of each were delivered,they were ordered by the French but France fell to the Germans before they were delivered so the trucks were transferred to the British forces.none are known to survive.if there are any survivors still out there they will probably be just a bare chassis with no or very little bodywork remaining and most people probably wouldn't give them a second look.so next time you are delving about in a scrapyard or find a rusting wreck in a hedge take a closer look!!

Matt.

I know this is a long shot but does anyone know of a surviving example or even parts of one of the following 1940 GMC's....

ACX-504,3 ton 4+2,178 wheelbase.

ACKWX-353.6+6.

ACW.4+4.

Of all these models less than two thousand of each were delivered,they were ordered by the French but France fell to the Germans before they were delivered so the trucks were transferred to the British forces.none are known to survive.if there are any survivors still out there they will probably be just a bare chassis with no or very little bodywork remaining and most people probably wouldn't give them a second look.so next time you are delving about in a scrapyard or find a rusting wreck in a hedge take a closer look!!

Matt.

How can one determine if there are non of those trucks left.... :?

I know of the ACKWX several restored and unrestored examples in the US! and even the ACX-504 can be seen there!

Hi Jeroen,

I'm aware of the ACKWX survivors in the US and Australia but none of these are from the "French contracts".perhaps there are survivors in Europe but if so I have never seen or heard of them.

Matt.