FV numbers of Bedford trucks

Mark Ellis

I wonder if anyone has a list of all the FV numbers applied to all Bedford trucks, please?

I know that the RL cargo was

• FV13100

And the M type was 

General Service vehicle

• FV13801 (MKP2BMO)
  • FV13802 (MJP2BMO)

The With Winch variants

• FV13803 (MKP2WMO) 
  • FV13804 (MIP2WMO)

So I guess the M type CALM version with the Atlas also had a code

But what was the TM 4x4 and TM 6x6 codes, etc

I found an FOI (and lost it again), but it doesn't say which vehicle the codes apply to.
FV13801 TRUCK,CARGO
FV13802 TRUCK,CARGO
FV13803 TRUCK,CARGO
FV13804 TRUCK,CARGO
FV13805 TRUCK,FLATBED
FV13806 TRUCK,FLATBED
FV13807 TRUCK,FLATBED
FV13811 TRUCK,CARGO
FV13812 TRUCK,FLATBED
FV13812J TRUCK,CARGO
FV13815 TRUCK,CARGO
FV13901 TRUCK,CARGO
FV13902 TRUCK,CARGO
FV13903 TRUCK,CARGO 

I currently have other FOI in, so can't submit any more.

Many thanks

Tankograd book British Military trucks of the cold war on page's 83 84 lists all the information you are seeking, from RL's, MK's TM 4x4 TM 6x6 etc .For instance your No FV13806 is a 4.5 ton MK GS left hand drive.

Edited by sandownbay
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, sandownbay said:

Tankograd book British Military trucks of the cold war on page's 83 84 lists all the information you are seeking, from RL's, MK's TM 4x4 TM 6x6 etc .For instance your No FV13806 is a 4.5 ton MK GS left hand drive.

Thanks. Not a publication that I own.
Can someone share that with me please 

I have several lists that I take to be copied from the main ledger. I don't know the compiler of this particular list that I have had for many years, but it seems the most accurate & easy to interpret.

IMG_20230606_141344.thumb.jpg.b453307bd00f5bd71ab9443ab6db275b.jpgIMG_20230606_141533.thumb.jpg.30a09f80713f7c855f8bcaf46a38cf60.jpgIMG_20230606_141503.thumb.jpg.dfda3d35edf8d06062d235ec3fa33e3b.jpgIMG_20230606_141431.thumb.jpg.1919dbcac7167ff2d8cf1701811f3817.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, fv1609 said:

I have several lists that I take to be copied from the main ledger. I don't know the compiler of this particular list that I have had for many years, but it seems the most accurate & easy to interpret.

Clive, that is brilliant.
Thank you

2 hours ago, sandownbay said:

Further to your message asking me to photo copy the pages in question, I am not prepared to be in breach of Tankograd's copyright. Therefore I suggest you buy a copy of the book, plenty on UK E-Bay at present.

Dear Sandownbay - with the hidden name,

Many thanks for the response.
Personally, I have no need for an over priced book to clutter my home, just to obtain information that is already in the public domain. As per my original post, I will be doing an FOI request later in the year, which is where Tankograd will have obtained it from. I currently have an FOI for some Bedford AESP's to help members on my Bedford M type group on Facebook. I don't actually own any ex military vehicle. I'm a natural facilitator, and helpful where I can be.

Having seen Tankograd's Stalwart book, and the errors in there, Tankograd is not a publisher that I would support.

I recently saw an extract of the new Military Vehicle Archive - Volume 1. I'm at a loss as to where they got their Stalwart information from, but shocked that these publishers are all so keen to mislead the public who buy such publications.

What you won't be aware of is that not only have I spent hours every day Since Lockdown 2020 collecting Military documents and other evidence to provide fact, partially due to all the wrong information on Wikipedia - and all the keyboard warriors on there who delete accurate stuff because they refuse to glance at the evidence in military EMERS and User manuals on my website. 
Unlike a certain museum in Dorset who is illegally selling Restricted EMERs, all the EMERs that I've sourced have been declassified by MOD at Abbey Wood and put on my website for free download - to help keep the remaining vehicles out of the scrap yards.

You also won't be aware that I've dipped into my own pocket to buy rare documents from France, Sweden, etc to build the bigger - and translated them. 

Which is why I get confused over someone shouting "Buy it yourself" when community exchange works so well for snippets of information.

Do take a look at

https://sites.google.com/view/alvis-stalwart-hmlc-files/

It turns out that the Tankograd book doesn't have the TM 6x6 FV numbers.

Here's the list of Bedford FV numbers that I've compiled so far.
Once I think it's pretty complete, I'll submit it to MOD to check.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j8ZBPXFsOKttmYEIzhkyv-ETA8Q2UTMjFi22o5HdlfE/edit?usp=sharing  

Edited by Mark Ellis
  • Like 1