Mack NO 7.5 ton 6x6 truck

Bill F

Hi all

Im currently embarking on building a set of model artillery guns and tractors.

Ive just got a resin kit of a Mack NO 7.5 ton 6x6...no build instructions, and some pretty pathetic photo copied pics that are useless !!!

I have a very polite request please... I am in need of some decent pics of the suspension arrangement for all axles if possible ?

Have scoured the net for pics, but so far not come up with anything really helpful...

Has anyone got any pics at all ?

Would appreciate any help or links to anywhere that may help me get this kit built correctly.

Thank you in advance

Bill

Hi Bill,

Welcome to the forum. Possible suggestion would be to contact the Mack Trucks Historical Museum in the U.S. by email. They offer a research service. Doug Maney is the Museum Curator, BUT not at the moment as they are in complete lock-down over there, no phones/email are being answered. Have a look at the site though until things go back to ‘normal’ whenever that may be.

Good luck,

Mike.

On 4/13/2020 at 8:52 PM, Terry wood said:

Hi Bill, I have a nm Mack that is in need of restoration that we will start later this year ,if it helps I could take a few photos of the running gear, regards Terry

Hi Terry...Thanks...I have no idea what the differences are between NM & NO ?? or what age the NM is etc but would be more than grateful of some pics, if you wouldn't mind, pretty sure anything would be better than the 'Nothing' I currently have...

Hi Bill 

Quite different beasts really (I’m restoring an NM) with the NO having a different rear suspension set up and a different front axle. NM & NO built at the same time but the NO is a much bigger truck (same engine). 

You will find 186 photos of a Mack NO walk around on the link below - they should help you out - very good photos - just keep pressing ‘more photos’ and you can click on each photo to get a bigger version. Hope that helps 

https://www.net-maquettes.com/pictures/mack-no-truck/

Terry Wood - would love to see your NM and know more details etc 

If you use Facebook just search Mack NM7 and you will find my restoration page. 

Regards 

Gobby 

Cornwall