A Senior Moment!

General Mayhem

W.H.Smith took £10.34 off me today, I went in for our local evening paper, 35pence, and spent another £9.99 on a brilliant book called: "More Senior Moments."

It's a collection of anecdotes from professionals, criminals, landed gentry and the great unwashed. It's written by Shelley Klein and the publisher is Michael O'Mara Books. Now you are going to tell me that the first book, "Senior Moments," was reviewed here before I discovered the site. Hope not.

I know there's a thread at the moment about opening your mouth and putting your foot in it, ( http://www.hmvf.co.uk/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=38&topic=4891.0 ) but this is more along the lines of, well, senior moments.

For example: Scoobster posted a thread about driving licences in which he clearly states when he passed his test and the licence category that he holds. Ha! Here is something on which I am on firm ground, I own and run a fleet of heavies, so what do I do? Ask him when he passed his test.

Does this happen to everyone? You get to the top of the stairs and only remember what you went up for just as you reach the bottom, or worse, part way up and you wonder if you were going up or coming down.

From the book:

On a transatlantic flight, an elderly passenger kept peering out of the window. Being completely dark, all she could see, was the blinking wing tip navigation light. Finally she rang for the flight attendant.

"I'm sorry to bother you," she said, "but I think you should inform the pilot that he has left his left indicator on, and that it has been on for some time."