Jump to content

Canadian Rules

Recommended Posts

Greetings all!


I'm keen to add a hanger mate to my current pair of 'toys' and I'm hoping some of you might be willing to help me. I've been burning up lots of phone time trying to get straight answers from the various government departments...Transport Canada, Ministry of Transport Ontario, CBSA, etc., but so far only TC has answered.


I'm interested in something like a BRDM-2, eventually looking at something like an OT-64. As far as TC is concerned, the BRDM is not their concern, and the OT64 will only be of interest if it was built after 1971 (in which case, due to having more than 10 'seats' it would be considered a bus and not eligible for importation)


Can anyone out there help shed some light on the murky world of government bureaucracy?



Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Both vehicles fall under the Controlled Goods Directorate and require you to register with the program before importation. Both vehicles would be eligible for import under CGD. Don't worry about Transport Canada, not their department as they are considered "ground fighting vehicles" and import and export is controlled. Hope this helps.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...