Civilianised Bedford O Y

I went and had a look at this super Bedford last weekend. Unfortunately, my sim card deleted most of the photos I took. It had a long life in civilian service so wont be restored as a military machine.

IMG_8665_zpsnlwvyerf.jpg

This data plate was on the dash but was blank. What should be on it?

IMG_8669_zps30u3vs4a.jpg

IMG_8666_zpsevegfhfg.jpg

IMG_8668_zps8ieqlzid.jpg

IMG_8671_zpsetzzuljx.jpg

Found some more pictures.

The front was modified post war to make it more attractive:

IMG_8672_zpssalrt5is.jpg

IMG_8674_zpshumsndjb.jpg

The badge which was stolen off the lorry about 30 years ago was returned by the bloke who took it when he recognised the lorry:

IMG_8678_zpsf7yk0ihz.jpg

Looks like a standard civilian MS or ML to me. Is there any evidence on the truck that makes you think it's ex military? The air cleaner was different on the OY, that might be a start

Looks like a standard civilian MS or ML to me. Is there any evidence on the truck that makes you think it's ex military? The air cleaner was different on the OY, that might be a start

There is no rib in the side of the bulkhead but the spacing of the switch in the dash is civilian or early (1940). Also there is only one fuel tank so could be an OL or just had the tank removed. There are no holes for a trafficator arm which could be early or civilian. You would need the chassis N,o, to sort it out.

Peter.