Bedford TM

mjh26

Hi All,

Does anyone have a Bedford TM 4x4? I'm thinking of getting one for my business. I remember using on as a command truck in Bosnia because our Land Rovers were knackered. But that was a long time ago and I can't remember what they were like to run in terms of maintenance and fuel usage etc.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Mark

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I run TM's and MJ's on site and both are good vehicles.

The TM is obviously a mile ahead of the MJ and it never amazes me the power it has even when fully loaded.

They do seem to have a habit of shaking coolant hoses free but replacing them with modern hoses seems to help.

Other than that they are a good truck.

Thanks, I don't think I'll be fully loading often but I need the capacity. What sort of fuel usage are you getting? I have planned on 7-10mpg to calculate running costs. I assume parts aren't too hard to find either...

Cheers

Mark

Thanks, I assume parts are pretty reasonable, unlike modern or unimog (other option) parts. As I said I used in Bosnia because the Land Rovers were falling apart - we thrashed the TM and it didn't miss a beat (was never fully loaded though). But I don't see me putting much more than 5t on it.

Thanks

Mark