diamond t with spitfire engine ?

fredm

Question

hi I don`t post on here but read with interest the many tales and restorations, to get to the point I was having a clear out the other day and came across some old classic commercial mags in one there was the reminiscences of an old driver who joined the army in 46 and he tells of experimenting going on after the war and diamond Ts fitted with spitfire engines, it is only a couple of lines so no more of this story, I have never heard this before my late father drove diamond Ts in nth africa and italy but never mentioned this, the magazine was dated 2005, so is it true or a load of you know what. fredm

1 answer to this question

hi I don`t post on here but read with interest the many tales and restorations, to get to the point I was having a clear out the other day and came across some old classic commercial mags in one there was the reminiscences of an old driver who joined the army in 46 and he tells of experimenting going on after the war and diamond Ts fitted with spitfire engines, it is only a couple of lines so no more of this story, I have never heard this before my late father drove diamond Ts in nth africa and italy but never mentioned this, the magazine was dated 2005, so is it true or a load of you know what. fredm

I remember reading that, reckon the bloke heard that Rolls engines were being fitted, unaware that they were diesels and assumed they would be Meteor or Merlin. I have heard a few tall stories over the years, you just smile and nod your head ! ;)