Brand New 1960 Pattern OD Smock and Trousers - Size 8 !

wdbikemad

003.jpg

Forgot I acquired these a few months ago now......absolutely brand new OD 1960 Pattern combat smock and trousers, the former dated 66 and the latter 63.......both a large size 8 and perfect.....remains of paper cutters label still attached to outer pocket flap on the strides and in other places too........beautiful quality manufacture when we had money and a UK workforce to put this stuff together........

001.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

002.jpg

Thanks Jason ! These came from the son of an ex-Royal Signals RSM. These must have been his spare set - never used. Oddly, the green combats became less "shiny" from around 61-62 when new as the WD decided to manufacture them with the satin-backed cotton drill cloth "reversed" (so the "shiny" outer ended up on the inside). Seemingly, the US Army who used a similar fabric had discovered that the inner of the fabric was far more wear-resistant than the outer, thus the UK authorities adopted a similar approach ! I have all the official correspondence covering this modification........:D

Very nice and very rare set you have there.I have an almost new set I posted on here some time ago size 5 smock and size 2 trousers,in the later pattern(oval elbow patches etc,and more generous shoulder cut.)As you state the material on mine has much less of a sheen than earlier types.These og 60 pattern items are my favourite items of kit in the collection,classic gear.