back badge day

sunday 18th see us having our annual road run to the soldiers of gloucester musuem in conjunction with back bagde day.

i know it is mothers day as well but these things can't be helped.

we will be meeting in the layby on the A38 at the gossington truck stop (between bristol & glos) ready to leave at 10am.

a steady drive to Glouceser docks where the rest of the day is yours to chat, eat, have a look round the Glosters museum (free to MV owners), visit the docks museum, see what goodies are in the antiques centre, help the work group try & start the saracen or just sit on the dockside with a cup of tea & a biscuit & chill out

it would be good to see some almost locals who have never been round the museum & want an interesting day out, even if you can't bring an MV we don't mind visiters with more up to date modes of transport paying us a visit.

hope to see you there

Berni

Have a good day, Berni;

S'funny,............a group of us 'over this way', are also planning a road run for that day;...........(I feel most mums will have/be bribed quite heavily, for this, ;-) I'm down for painting the lounge,.................. :whistle:)

Andy

thanks andy,

unfortunatley back badge day & mothers day clash every year so us mothers over this way are used to it. :knockknock: we do miss out on this honerable tradition but i'd much rather spend the day catching up on gossip with fellow hobbyists.

Berni

• 3 weeks later...

just an update on this one.

we had the lowest turnout of vehicles since the road run was started with only about a dozen but in all fairness there wasn't many tourists round the docks either.

the reason for this was the weather. we got rained on, blown away, hail stoned on, blown a bit more, snowed on, sun shined on,blown away a lot more & sleeted on just to top off the most diverse weather of the year.

a huge thank you to the die hards for turning up at all it was a very brave move.

a few of us went out for a roast which was a welcome relief from the cold.

lets see what next year holds in store for us.

Berni