Armed Forces Day RAF Britannia at Kemble, Glos 30th June 2013

We're opening the RAF Transport Command Bristol Britannia aircraft at Cotswold Airport, Kemble, near Cirencester, Gloucestershire specially for Armed Forces Day on Sunday June 30th from 12:00 to 16:00. The RAF Britannias served from 1960 to 1975; come on board the last genuine surviving example, see how it carried personnel, freight and casualties, and take a seat on the flight deck.

We have been promised some military vehicles to display in front of the aircraft, but we'd welcome more! If you would like to bring your MV, please email Bryan Whitfield: press@xm496.com

The photos show the Britannia with some of our military friends at an earlier Kemble show (please note the aircraft is now at a different part of the airfield).

IMG_1124.jpg

Access to the RAF Britannia is via Cotswold Airport North Gate, signposted from A433 Cirencester - Tetbury road. On entering Cotswold Airport, follow signs for C Site and LRTT. The access road is two vehicle width with mild inclines and a 90° turn through the gate; articulated trucks use it regularly but you might find it tight for a tank transporter!

There are no refreshments or toilets at the aircraft, but the Airport's AV8 restaurant and bar is close by on site. For any further information please email me: press@xm496.com

Thanks and hope to see you there!

IMG_1130.jpg

I can still hear the sound of those engines in my head :) happy times.

As kids my friends and I used to cycle the 12 miles to Gatwick and spend the day watching vanguards, Dan Dares super constellations and Britannias coming and going.

Not sure if I can make the show but fingers crossed the weather is good for you.

Thanks Roger, glad the Britannia brings back happy memories. I'm guessing from your avatar that you have a Series 2A military Landy, and it would be great to see it on show by the Brit. I'll be posting a similar request on the Series 2 Forum soon, but of course all military vehicles, of all nationalities, will be welcome.

Cheers, Bryan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...