Pulley...when IS this going to end.

Jack

oK, pullers arrived today so when I got home from the office it was overalls on and straight under the tarp and gave the pulley type thing a pull..........nothing, not a sausage apart from breaking this new bearing puller.

To say that I am close to losing it is an under statement :cry: so I decided that I would get the small disk cutter on to it. I cut down, gently and the used a cold chisel to knock it open and lift it off the crank............yeah right, nothing not a sausage thing seem to be part of the crank but the actual pulley bit is an alloy.

What do I do now as I have to move in the next 10 days and I can't leave my truck here, it has to be moved.

I have taken some pictures but they haven't come out well and I am working under a tarp and my camera has no zoom.

Any help would be really really appreciated;

PA1110029.jpg

PA3110031.jpg

PA2110035.jpg

Jack get some beer in for Friday? Saturday? and I'll come down. I'll bring some Advanced Marine Engineering techniques with me.

The starter dog thats left on the crank, needs to come off, but you MUST be careful none of this rushing home quick change Director to Mechanic stuff. You're dealing with an old lady here.

You do have the new pulley and gaskets and oil seals and belt and all the other stuff we discussed ......don't you.

Jack get some beer in for Friday? Saturday? and I'll come down. I'll bring some Advanced Marine Engineering techniques with me.

Right, you are on!

The starter dog thats left on the crank, needs to come off.

You mean the bit that is supposed to 'slide' off?

You do have the new pulley and gaskets and oil seals and belt and all the other stuff we discussed ......don't you.

cough cough, of course I have...............best remind what I need and I wil have it sorted and picked up tomorrow. :oops: :( :roll: