Recent Acquisitions

wdbikemad

Went to the Overlord show at Denmead today......rather quiet all told, but a few bargains...:-)

Best find was a very early DPM para smock.....made in cotton-sateen in used condition, a little faded but no damage.....cammo print is non-dotted DPM but with quite a light green shade......cuffs and zip are very good........

The label is a tad difficult to read but you can still make out most details.......a Size 1, NSN and "A78" etc contract marked and a rarer maker of "F Fryer & Co Ltd".........the zip is a typical 70s "NZ" type but on a light olive green tape rather than the bottle-green found on many examples.....

What sets this smock out though, is that it is fitted with the rare variant press fasteners of the "ring & doughnut" type usually seen on flying helmets, nylon webbing, etc.......these are original to the smock and in a blackened bronze.......and it is definitely an issue garment rather than a copy......plus no FFD pocket........buttons are the early type found on 60 and 68 pattern clothing.........at £15 a real deal....:D I will post pics as soon as possible.....

Also got a new early 68 pattern smock in a size 2 made by H Lotery & Co.....I have lots, but it was only a fiver.....

Same price for a 71 dated size 8 MK2 DPM aircrew jacket......early DPM, in fine condition and with all the fittings.......

Photo0485.jpg My other two £5 each acquisitions......mint Size 2 early 68 smock by H Lotery and early size 8 aircrew MK2 jacket......:-D Incidentally, the 68 smock has the worlds longest-ever drawcords fitted.......must have been using up the end of the roll at the factory.........!!

Photo0484.jpg

Edited by wdbikemad