10.5R20 Tyres for Ben Hur trailer

Mark

The SUMB wheels with used 10.5R20 Michelin tyres that I tried and failed to advertise on here a while back remain available

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?24041-4-off-10-5R20-Simca-Marmon-SUMB-wheels-with-used-tyres

These were left over after I got new(er) ones from RR Motor services for the SUMB and have some superficial side wall cracking.

Regards

Iain

Thanks for the replies!

So what do we have, what do you want and where in the world are you?

I'm in Cambridge and I have two cracked Michelins (apparently they go like that so I am happy to avoid them) and a good Uniroyal. I believe that Continental also make this size tyre so what I'm after in order of preference I guess is:

2 good Uniroyals

3 good Continentals

3 good Michelins

What do you have?

Cheers

Mark Preston

First up, make sure these are really what you want - 1050R20 is a slightly different size to 1050-20. If you hadn't picked up on it, the R means the overall outside diameter is slightly smaller.

Assuming you really want R's I have 5 Continental MPT 80 M+S tyres, with plenty of wear left (one spare looks brand new, the other four are only about 5mm off of new), all in very good nick (no cracking, they look almost new) on some 20" wheels. I'm just up the road from Cambridge.

Drop me a PM and we'll talk pennies.

Mark

I am just south of Ipswich and have 4 tyres - without going out to check most or all are Michelins with the expected cracking, on 20 inch SUMB wheels. The new old stock unused Michelins I got from RR to replace them also have early signs of cracking even though either unused or hardly used so your suspicion is justified I think. If I remember right I last re - listed the older ones at £50 for each wheel and tyre without success so I guess the going rate is less than that for Michelin - I am open to offers.

Lauren

If you end up with any of the good tyres left after Mark's needs are met I am interested in a pair ... I think the Continentals are the only ones currently being sold new in the UK at least from when I have been researching what to do when all the "new old stock" Michelins are beyond use ..

Regards

Iain