Trousers Inner Size 7 1952.

Scotch Harry

Korean war issue Harry, for wear beneath the 1951-issue "Trousers Combat" (in gabardine) and the subsequent 1952 and 1953 Pattern "Trousers, Combat, Sateen" (in cotton-sateen, unlined)........part of the cold-weather rig, designed to be worn over the long-johns, but beneath the combat trousers.....and in combination with the top-half garments, including the "Parka, Middle" worn over the top.......!

Jason and I have pairs of these dated 1951, but a small size......nice to see the larger size ! Proves the garments were made in corresponding sizes to the combat suit, up to a "9".........thanks !

You have some really nice gear Richard. Keep finding it out and posting pictures....

Will do.

Great not going out on Sat night and getting bladdered,save a bit of money and no killer hangover on Sunday so i can trawl through my various stashes of kit:cool2::cool2:

Nice One,Thanks.

I am constantly unearthing stuff bought many many years ago so some nice surprises when im finding stuff i forgot or didnt even know i had.

Last count 10 68 Patt Smocks and around the same in Trs:nut::nut::nut:

Not bad.....I reckon I have in excess of 30-odd 68 pattern smocks, plus trousers......and a lot of everything else.......

After I've sorted for "the book", a lot will go.........:-(

Back in the days before the internet and Ebay pretty much my only source for anything military related was the small MILITARIA section at the back of Gun Mart(which i subscribed to for 10+ years) and a few mail order surplus outlets and SOF for WW2 and Nam stuff.Back then believe it or not the humble 68 Patt DPM Smock and Trs were as hard to come by as 60 Patt DPM is now so anything i saw that i could afford i bought(along with some other pointles,weird and wonderful items).

I hate to say it but to me 68 Patt is 68 Patt is 68 Patt-i have NO INTEREST whatsoever in the different makers,zips,colour or print type etc i just snaffled up what i could afford when i saw it and am now going to whittle everything down to 1 unissued smock and trs and 1 used set that fits me.

Ebay has been a double edged sword as far as collecting has gone,wish i could go back to the good old days sometimes.