Size 2 60 Pattern smock - mint condition.....wanted!

Eaglehurst

Bloody hell Jason...!!!! Have you kept anything ???!! Personally, I have recently disposed of duplicates in my 60 pattern stash, but need to do similar with my 68 pattern hoarde......I reckon I have over 30 smocks plus trousers.....(HOW..???!!!)

My focus is keeping sufficient examples for the forthcoming Bible......

Bloody hell Jason...!!!! Have you kept anything ???!! Personally, I have recently disposed of duplicates in my 60 pattern stash, but need to do similar with my 68 pattern hoarde......I reckon I have over 30 smocks plus trousers.....(HOW..???!!!)

My focus is keeping sufficient examples for the forthcoming Bible......

I have a few left Steve! Like you it was mainly duplicates that I had gotten rid of...just don't have the space!

There's a used size 3 on ebay for a BIN of £70. Or is your mate hoping for a mint one for £20 ? If he is, those days are gone .........

Saw that one Dave. Told him to expect to pay at least double that ie £40+...although one went the other day on Ebay for £20!

Edited by Eaglehurst

If we're benchmarking current P1960 smock prices... a friend of mine paid £40 for a near mint Size 3 last year from a dealer at Detling. However, I got a faded but solid Size 5 earlier in the year for £15.

I'm hoping to acquire a DPM P1960 smock at some point. I spotted one at Stoneleigh on Sunday, but sadly someone else was already wearing it...

(And it was too small for them as well... grumble... mutter...)

Always bear in mind, 1952 and 60 pattern smocks made up to 1964 with the original sleeve design (square elbow reinforcement and underarm vents) are a bloody awful fit......best to look for post-64 manufactured smocks with the redesigned sleeve (oval elbow reinforcement patches) for the best fit.......the sleeve redesign also improved the chest and overall body fit enormously.....:-D