Vintage Fly-In day at Stow Maries WW1 Airfield - 11 Sept

rgb

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that the Worlds only surviving WW1 airfield (which is slowly being restored to its former glory) will be holding a Vintage Flying in day on the 11th of September. Military vehicles of any era are very welcome to come along.

There will be several types of Aircraft scheduled to attend, so far including four members of the Great War Display Team, A Fokker Triplane and a an early reconnaissance BE2 from Sywell, a Fokker Eindecker and a number of vintage and interesting civilian aircraft. Although this is not a conventional air display there will be flying demonstrations on the day as well as the arrival and departure of the other aircraft. Also attending this event are members of the Dawn Patrol, a large scale Great War flying model club who will fly their impressive models for the audience.

There will be food available and the Prince of Wales at Stow Maries is running a bar on the site on the day.

There will also be Militaria stalls and free guided tours of this unique airfield, many parts of which have remained completely untouched since the RAF left it in the 1920’s. If you are interested in coming along, there is no booking in form but drop me a line here or on my email address Richard.brew@hampden.co.uk just so as I can keep an eye on numbers..

The airfield guys like you to be on site by 9.30am or so, but you won’t get turned away if you are a bit later. They also do not mind if you want to camp over on the Saturday night. Entrance is via Hackmans Lane only and we cannot allow pets on site on the day due to health and safety issues with the exception of guide dogs.

This is a nice and relaxed show, and I look forward to seeing you there,

All the best,

Richard

For more on the airfield, visit the site, or find them on facebook

http://www.stowmaries.com/

For some pics, visit this thread..

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?16413-WW1-Airfield

Edited by rgb