can anyone help?

RattlesnakeBob

Down here in the Forest of Dean there were many 'temporary camps' established during WW2........I say temporary but, they had concrete bases put in for various huts and drains laid in etc so they were I guess 'semi' temporary..

I've found a bit of info on a few of these camps but a few of them appear to be totally 'lost'........although in many cases there's plenty of evidence left on the ground as to them having once 'been there'........

my question is........

does anyone know of a definative (perhaps !?) database or website where I could possibly track info down on any former military establishment in the UK........???

I should say the particular one I'm trying to find info on was built by the British Pioneer Corps then swiftly taken over the by the US as not only a 'normal' camp but also later as a POW camp too..........

but!...I have searched over the listings I've found of UK POW camps and it doesn't appear.....Many cheers if anyone can shed any light !

Edited by RattlesnakeBob