M54 fuel problem

doggyman

hope some one can help she is a multi fuel i drained nearly all the fuel out because i thorght there was warter in the fuel put some good fuel in next day set out she drove like a dream parked up for a few hours went to drive home and she was like before missing and spluttering allso were can i get fuel filters for her no one can match the numbers can anyone please help in the uk doggyman

Hi there, try looking on steelsoldiers.com this american website is full of info on M series trucks and you can also download maintenace manuals there, as for parts try marltrax they are listed on milweb

hope this helps

it could be something simple such as some muck floating around in the tank getting into the intank fuel pump and restricting the flow of fuel. also is your intank fuel pump running properly. M54 great looking trucks

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I had a similar problem with my M35 as a previous owner had bypassed the first filter (under the genny) and substituted an inline one. These let water through so I had about a pint in the secondary.

I put the first one back into circuit, changed all the filters (Marltrax) and removed and wiped out the tank. All OK now.

If you are using 'waste' contaminated fuel it is best to filter and water trap it before it goes into the tank. When this is drained from customer's cars you are getting all their dirt too.

I have a set up using a pointless pump and a tank filter bought on ebay.

Good luck,

Martin