Solent Overlord Show Finds

wdbikemad

Went to the Solent Overlord Executive show today...at the new location in Waterlooville, Hants......nice new site and although a small show, some good finds....

I managed to find a near-new 1960 pattern olive drab British combat smock in a size 5 for only £12.......

Followed by a new 1978-ish DPM sniper smock for £25..........

Then a brand new '68 pattern DPM smock also in a size 5 for £20..........

And a pair of Korean War 1st pattern olive drab combat trousers for £15.......

But the real find of the day was a brand new set of DPM shirt and trousers in a large size .....but the very, very rare trial pattern of the Soldier 95 kit still in use today, complete with all labels......£20 the set....

Worth going to this weekend if you get the chance....and I did leave some finds behind !!

:-D

Went to the Solent Overlord Executive show today...at the new location in Waterlooville, Hants......nice new site and although a small show, some good finds....

I managed to find a near-new 1960 pattern olive drab British combat smock in a size 5 for only £12.......

Followed by a new 1978-ish DPM sniper smock for £25..........

Then a brand new '68 pattern DPM smock also in a size 5 for £20..........

And a pair of Korean War 1st pattern olive drab combat trousers for £15.......

But the real find of the day was a brand new set of DPM shirt and trousers in a large size .....but the very, very rare trial pattern of the Soldier 95 kit still in use today, complete with all labels......£20 the set....

Worth going to this weekend if you get the chance....and I did leave some finds behind !!

:-D

nice stuff there!!!

Mark

Great finds Steve! Some photos would be great...

Is the Sniper Smock in old sizing or metric?

Sniper smock is a size 1......so pre-1980-ish.....

A guy there had several green 1960 pattern smocks and trousers.....used condition but good....no large sizes though.....

Another stall had a small pile of new and lightly used DPM 1968 pattern early-1970's combat smocks and trousers.....sizes 3, 5 and 7........smocks at £20 - 25 and trousers at £15..........didn't buy them as I have too many already in the hoarde...!

Several DPM windproofs, para smocks (saw an old '77 version in a size 1) plus an early '70s DPM aircrew smock in near new condition in a large size that was missing the label but cheap......again, didn't buy as I have several already.......