Bedford MJ tyre wear

LoggyDriver

I've noticed on my truck that the front tyres are wearing more on the outer edges of the tyres. This may be down to incorrect tyre alignment. Have the MJ owners among you noticed the same tyre wear on your trucks? Do you think this is a "built in" problem just by the way the wheels are angled or is there another factor at play?

Andy

The leading edges of the outer bars on bar tread tyres always wear more on front fitted tyres due to cornering wear, becoming more noticeable as the tyre wears out. This should not be excessive however & if it is so, then the tracking may need checking for too much toe in.

The leading edges of the outer bars on bar tread tyres always wear more on front fitted tyres due to cornering wear, becoming more noticeable as the tyre wears out. This should not be excessive however & if it is so, then the tracking may need checking for too much toe in.

Sorry. Forgot to mention the tyres are the new type Good Years, not bar grips. Would these wear more than the bar type treads? I might get the tracking checked anyway. There is a company that laser align the wheels at your premisis/home. I might check it out, just to be on the safe side.