Chevrolet CMP 4x2 C15 axle

primejive

Hi Guys I'm building a LRDG Truck, Based on a Chevrolet Pickup, as per the original, I'm using a Chevy C15 front Axle.

I've changed the front Spring Hanger to a CMP type, this has changed the way it mounts as the pickup uses a front mounted shackle and I can only think the CMP C15 uses a rear mounted shackle, but I can't find any pictures or diagrams.

Plus I've not seen a Chevy C15 4x2 since I wanted to look at one (sods law:-)) can any one Help with Pics or allow me to view yours.

Also I may need some spares, Front axle shackle and pins, Plus I'm after 4 speed box (that mounts the handbrake) and a R/H Bell housing (must be able to take the pedal mount) for a 216 engine.

Cheers Bob

Edited by primejive

• 1 month later...
Hi Guys I'm building a LRDG Truck, Based on a Chevrolet Pickup, as per the original, I'm using a Chevy C15 front Axle.

I've changed the front Spring Hanger to a CMP type, this has changed the way it mounts as the pickup uses a front mounted shackle and I can only think the CMP C15 uses a rear mounted shackle, but I can't find any pictures or diagrams.

Plus I've not seen a Chevy C15 4x2 since I wanted to look at one (sods law:-)) can any one Help with Pics or allow me to view yours.

Also I may need some spares, Front axle shackle and pins, Plus I'm after 4 speed box (that mounts the handbrake) and a R/H Bell housing (must be able to take the pedal mount) for a 216 engine.

Cheers Bob

Hi all; You will notice that the solid end of the spring mount is the end that the steering box is working from? Rear mount box...rear solid spring mount. CMP uses a front mount box. Later Newc