Bedford RL manual

Military Mj

I've got EMER WHEELED VEHICLES
F 172 Truck, 3 Ton, 4x4, RL. Technical Description. (10)
F 174-F 177 Truck, 3 Ton, 4x4, RL. Activity Guides – Mod Instrs. Jan.1984
F 170/13-F 179/13 Automotive Repair Shop, Truck Mounted, 3 Ton, 4x4, Bedford RL. Technical Handbook Complete. May 1984

A printer/scanner that will scan 35mm negatives aught to scan fiche to a readable standard if used on its highest resolution and limiting it to relatively small sections of the fiche at a time. You can then crop each of the resulting images into seperate pages, save each page seperately as JPEGs and create a folder to keep them together.

Have fun,   David

Edited by David Herbert

David that sounds a very reasonable suggestion. But I tried that some years ago as I have a big collection of fiche here. Although I could magnify it up, words just appeared as black smudges. Knowing what the word was meant to be, I could recognise what was meant to be there, but individual characters just coalesced to make it unreadable.

At the time (20 years ago) there was a company in Australia selling scanning machines for fiche that would do it all for you & provide a pdf. At £2.5k it was out of the question, but maybe prices have become more affordable. I remember the first most basic scanner I saw for sale in I think in Dixons was £199!

The other option is to ask in your county reference library as they use fiche a lot & in Hampshire were prepared to scan & print fiche for me at a price.

• Like 1