Track rod on Mk 1 Morris Quad

chrisgrove

Hi guys

Help!  I'm only a modeller, but I think you  experts  may have the answer to my problem.  I am trying a make a model of a Morris Quad Mk 1 - the one with the front springs below the axle (I always forget whether this is underslung or overslung).  I have quite a number of pics of Quads. but most are the later ones with the axle below the springs.  My problem lies with the track rod which in my (later) pics appears to be on a level with and in front of the axle, but this does not seem possible with the springs the way they are on the Mk 1.  Does the track rod go between the spring and the chassis?  Or perhaps even behind the axle rather than in front?  Written answer very welcome, but  a pic would solve it!

Chris

OK guys, Relax.  Just found a pic (in Classic Military Vehicle No 196) of a Quad with an overslung axle.  Its not a Mk 1 to judge by the windows, but it does have the right axle, and indeed the track rod does go between the spring and the chassis - and in front of the axle.  Now, how to replicate that given the not entirely correct shape of the spring which was the best match I could find!!  Thanks anyway.

Chris

• Like 1