Jump to content
  • 0

Registration Question



Good evening one and all .  I have had a bit of a trawl of the net with little success so I though I would consult the Oracles of the HMVF !

I have an ex military vehicle which carries a Q plate , I don't suppose anybody was too bothered about it when it was registered by the dealer who sold it once demobbed as it was a working vehicle. The previous owner who sold it to me did actually give me a file of sundry paperwork amongst which is a letter from the manufacturer which confirms the year of build

I have been trying to find out if it is possible to get this changed to an age appropriate reg but so far drawn a blank . I have a nagging feeling that I have read in the past that once something has a Q plate it is stuck with it but haven't been able to confirm that either .

Any ideas would be most gratefully accepted and read .

Edited by snowtracdave
Link to comment
Share on other sites

0 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Hi Dave,

I also have a "Q" Plate Snowtrac 2, I am sure you can change it but it depends who you speak to at DVLA.

I am thinking about selling my Snowtrack if you know of anyone that is looking for one, I am needing to get two new leaf spring sets for the track tensioner, other than that it runs really well, it has had a conversion in an earlier life, it has a 1800 diesel engine in it.

Reason for selling is I have had another project doing up a track dumper, only snag with it is I think the cylinder head gasket has gone, Yanmar engine, not sure how the repair is going to go on that one!.




Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...