New Forest Museum - WWII vehicles required - 27th June

Hi all.

Very short notice I know but:

The New Forest Centre in Lyndhurst is opening a permanent WWII display at the museum.

The opening day is on Thursday 27th June at 1100hrs and will be officially opening by the broadcaster and historian Dan Snow.

I am taking the Ward La france M1A1 down as we have been asked to provide some WWII period vehicles plus appropriatly dressed personnel for the media.

I plan to be there from 1000hrs.

I am asking if anyone can attend with a suitable vehicle (Jeep, Halftrack, motorcycle, car, bike etc) and dress in period clothing. Even foot sloggers without vehicles will help to set the scene.

It's not a show so just two or three extra vehicles would be great if anyone can spare the time.

The museum is a charity so no payments I'm afraid. I may be able to get some cash for fuel but please bear in mind any monies paid out, means less to the charities involved so I won't be taking any fuel payments.

The museum is located at the New Forest Centre, Lyndhurst, SO43 7NY.

If anyone can attend please PM me or e-mail markheliops@aol.com with what you are bringing and the approximate size of your vehicle for car park space reservation.

Thanks chaps and chapettes.

Markheliops