Forum protocol

gas 44

Hi, not really protocol as such but I have noticed that when a question is asked some people (me included) will press the "quote key" to reply when saying thanks.

SO my question is to admin and mods could you put a "thanks" button embedded into each post. When a sensible answer is posted the person that asked the question could press the "thanks" button which would log against (in a positive way) to the poster or posters supplying the answer.

I may not have explained this very well but I'm sure you get my drift.

Thanks !!!!!!!!!

I'm not talking about a like button,more of a thanks to the person who helped me......

I think both are seen here as being the same thing.

Seems to me that saying like/thanks for just one post in a thread does a lot of good for both parties, it does not affect the content of the thread, it is a bit like the on line equivalent of nodding in agreement during a real world speech or conversation.

Seems to me that saying like/thanks for just one post in a thread does a lot of good for both parties, it does not affect the content of the thread, it is a bit like the on line equivalent of nodding in agreement during a real world speech or conversation.

yep I tend to agree ... :)

I dont think I could have put it any better.

I have used it on another forum,its just a quick easy way of say thanks.