First trip out...

Took the BRDM out on the road for the first time today...

Went well, managed to get out of the drive ok and set off up the road.

It drove fine up to about 60kph, at 70 to 80kph, things gets a bit noisey, wobbly and rattley!

Not sure how anyone could drive one for more than 20 miles! If think a trip to W&P is out (150 miles!)

Brakes really quite good, in fact it stopped a lot better than I expected.

Had to keep remembering I was LHD and had to stop drifting too close to the middle of the road.

26 degrees C here today, so hot inside!

Jolly good fun! :-D

Will try and get some pics next time, too busy keeping eyes on the road, dials and mirrors!

It's funny how you can trundle around the garden as much as you like, but it's a whole new ball game when you get out on the main road and get some speed up.

In top (4th) gear you notice every slight incline. Only 140hp pushing 7 tonnes! Makes the Landrover seem positively spritely.

We have a wide river ford near here, so might give that a go next...

I might take a run over to the Tank Museum too. Would make a good photo opportunity.

Will try and get some pics next time, too busy keeping eyes on the road, dials and mirrors!

It's funny how you can trundle around the garden as much as you like, but it's a whole new ball game when you get out on the main road and get some speed up.

In top (4th) gear you notice every slight incline. Only 140hp pushing 7 tonnes! Makes the Landrover seem positively spritely.

We have a wide river ford near here, so might give that a go next...

I might take a run over to the Tank Museum too. Would make a good photo opportunity.

Sounds like you are planning heaps of fun!