Unknown tanksuit? Anyone know what this is?

43rdrecce

Attached is a photo of a pattern of suit I am not familiar with. I have one of these one piece overalls. It is made from the same mackintosh fabric as the well known motorcycle garments. Single full length zip fastener, single chest pocket and two map type pockets on the legs as per this photo. Button fastening to both cuffs and ankles. The legs have a split at the ankle to allow the overall to be pulled on over boots. There is a small stand collar ie no fold over.

tanksuit.jpg

Any ideas? Is it an M/C garment acquired by this Recce vehicle crewman? Or is it an early attempt at a tanksuit? I would imagine a bit sticky to wear over battledress as it's heavy proofed material.

Cheers

Paul

Possibly Canadian issue ? There were several "odd" garments made in Canada that included coats and coveralls, the exact purpose for which intended is rather uncertain today....possibly tank, exposed-cab vehicle, motorcycle or similar use...??