Green Cadet Smock Bonanza.

Scotch Harry

what sort of price do they go for? I may be able to get my hands on some but what should i pay?

Not so long ago, you would have had to pay someone to take these off your hands........but in recent months, if Ebay is anything to go by, these smocks, particularly in the larger size 4 and 5, seem to be fetching between £60 - £120......

Hard to value in real terms though.....something is only actually worth what someone else is prepared to fork out for it.........:-D

Not so long ago, you would have had to pay someone to take these off your hands........but in recent months, if Ebay is anything to go by, these smocks, particularly in the larger size 4 and 5, seem to be fetching between £60 - £120......

Hard to value in real terms though.....something is only actually worth what someone else is prepared to fork out for it.........:-D

Unfortunately with Ebay these days there are seriously wealthy collectors who are willing to pay ANY price for items they want-great for the sellers but not so good for us poor collectors.

Another problem this brings is just because said item sold for £xxxx everybody else with similar items then think that thats what their item is worth.

The green cadet windproof was still listed as available but obsolete during 1986, according to the QM lists........it was replaced by the cadet version of the DPM combat smock (no top pockets, etc)......I bet a fair few cadet units still have these things kicking around.....

"AD" on the label refers to "Army Department"......and the item was intended for the Army Cadet Force (ACF), RM cadets and the army element of the Combined Cadet Force (CCF)......

Funny you should mention 1986.

Thats when i started my brief spell in the ACF and can fondly remember after passing various tests on drill etc we were bussed off to some Army depot somewhere to receive our uniforms-i was lucky somehow to be given brand spanking new DPM cadet Smock and Trs while a few of the lads were well peeved to be issued the DPM trs but with manky used green Windproof smocks-they werent happy at all:D:D:D:D