Armoured vehicles and tanks used in silly publicity stunts

singaeger

Do we club together and buy a huge islandsomewhere where we can all live together and enjoy our hobby in relativepeace?

Yes im up for that, Oh hang on, I thought we already had!

Thanks guys for your thoughts, im glad to see that its not just me that cringes when i see the 'hobby' being inadvertently being bought into disrepute.

On balance, the MOD, British Legion and major museums and organisers of the Lord majors Show etc frequently use our stuff and I would hope that they support our cause if push came to shove.

The WW2 65th anniversary event in Hyde Park & Household Cavalry Pageant some years back was a shining example of what we can achieve given a bit of motivation.

I wonder if we will get another opportunity to promote our cause at another show/event in central London in the near future?

Sadly, SOME People dont think of potential consequences. BEFORE they act!

A Potential 'Incident' involving a variant of one of our cherished Hobby Items. Could incur disasterous results if the aforementioned vehicle were involved were held to be a 'Problem'!

The vast majority of vehicle owners are Law Abiding citizens. & I feel sure would come down on the side of common sense if anything like this raised it's head & they were aware of it at the time!

However, it only takes the misguided actions of one person to potentialy cause a 'difficculty' to ruin things for the rest of the collecting community.

Sadly in THIS Country, the actions of the Minority affect the Future of the Majority! Thankfully, certain 'Resources' are overstretched & snowed under with a Massive workload with higher priorities to attend to.

So that in present times, an action like this can be viewed with low priority as a potential threat!

There are far GREATER things going on in this country that need attending to of a VERY High Priority in the present climate.

But if things ever settle down, people in certain places with time on thier hands may view things VERY differently from what they do now!..............

Me must ALL Remember as I have stated on a previous post on this forum.

We are ALL Ambassidors of our chosen Hobby. We must be aware of our own, as well as others actions. When deploying our vehicles on Public Roads Etc. Attention paid to all points invloving the Road Traffic act & driving courteously as well. Dispite the fact that another driver may be a bit reckless towards you. Two wrongs dont make a right. Be the Bigger (& Better) driver, & let it go. It's hard to swallow sometimes, I know. I have been on the end of idiotic behavoiur from other road users at times too. BUT, Keep clam & behave with dignity, courtesy & Quiet Pride when you are using your beloved vehicle on the pubic Highways.

We might not all agree on point of Law. But in general, the Law is the Law. & we must ALL abide by it, right or wrong.

You can argue about it later in the courts or with legal representitives as you choose.

Law is a set of rules. We might not agree with certain points of it. BUT, we MUST abide by them. Or Chaos will reign supreme!

Where would we be with no rules?...FRANCE!...Where would we be with TOO Many rules?....GERMANY!..........:D.(With thanks to al Murray (Comedian))

I know. I have been on the end of idiotic behavoiur from other road users at times too. BUT, Keep clam & behave with dignity, courtesy & Quiet Pride when you are using your beloved vehicle on the pubic Highways.

Mmmmm...I think for the most part we HAVE to? Driving military vehicles, whether a landrover or armour teaches you how to drive properly again. I for one am 100 times more aware of my surroundings with regards road conditions, stopping distances, pre-empting others actions etc. I do not have the luxury or ABS, airbags etc...and it has certainly made me a calmer and more considerate driver.....I enjoy driving something different, and would certainly not let a bad driver ruin my trip out....like you say "let it go"

Mick