The Build-up, June 30th/1st July, Barkby, Leicestershire

Rlangham

This was posted on another forum by a member of my re-enactment group. Be great if some of you guys could make it to this event

Location is the Pochins Estate (manor house), Barkby, Leicestershire.

It is a first military event being held. After last years smaller event at the site, the manor has given the go ahead to do a pure military event and is helping as much as possible, to hopefully make it a great and up coming event. It is a stones throw from where the 82nd Airborne were based at March Hare, Scraptoft and in the run up to D-Day, the local area was swamped with Allies. The 82nd airborne also did a practice parachute drop in the surrounding fields of the manor.

We have 90% confirmation on a flypast from the Sally B. There will be post war vehicles there, (as the squire has a very large personal collection of vehicles himself) but these will be displayed in a different area of the location. So if people have post war vehicles they may be interested in bringing this is fine

On the Saturday evening there is a 40's dance, any one whos intestested please contact me for details.

There will be a battle scenario.

should you like any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I am having a good flow of interest in the event, so fingers crossed, it will be good. Everyone has to start somewhere.

regards

Nicky

Tommy Atkins Society

• 1 month later...

For anyone interested in this event (which is looking to be really good - the Tiger tank lookalike on the T34 chassis will be there), forms are being sent out, so if anyone interested could contact me i'd be happy to pass you along to one of the event organisers.

Cheers, Rob