Kit In-Service dates

wdbikemad

There are several members on this Forum that have some really good knowledge of British military clothing and equipment.....I'm no expert myself and have learnt a great deal from my fellow enthusiasts - thank you :-)

As many will already know, I'm currently writing a definitive publication on British Combat Clothing from roughly the Korean War through to the 1990's......

Can anybody help with any official references to the first listing of the green combat suit and associated items in military listings ? I'd say this would be circa 1950-51 ?

Also, when was the DPM (1960 pattern) combat suit first listed in QM catalogues ? Current evidence suggests 1970.....? Whilst I'm on the subject, the 1968 pattern as well (1971 ?)...???

Answers on a post card please....:-D:-D

Edited by wdbikemad

Can anybody help with any official references to the first listing of the green combat suit and associated items in military listings ?

Have you got an official designation for that? Was it a general issue or was it more for particular units? This will help me search through the Clothing Regs, but can't quite see anything matches the title.

Edited by fv1609

Have you got an official designation for that? Was it a general issue or was it more for particular units? This will help me search through the Clothing Regs, but can't quite see anything matches the title.

Hi Clive. It will be (I think) in the CG category.....? Description would be "Smock, Combat", "Trousers, Combat", "Hoods, Combat, Attachable", "Cap, Combat", "Trousers, Inner" and "Parka, Middle".........issue was believed to have commenced circa 1950-51 and this stuff was pretty-much rush-introduced for the second Korean winter of 1952......so maybe a theatre or cold-weather issue, at least initially...?......for some reason "CG 1091" flares up in my mind for the hood although probably wildly out...........

Most of the later stuff remained under section CG....and with similar descriptions.....

I recently found a copy of the full kit issue list for female ATS personnel dating from around 1943...interested..?

Unfortunately I have no CG. I have some VAOS but mainly COSA:

A2

A3

A4

A41

A5

A6

B2

CA

CB

CF

CM

CN

CV

Dress Regulations for Officers 1983

I'll peruse for some of those items you describe that may fall in above.

Yes might be of interest the ATS listing. I'm after Clothing Regulations Pamphlet No.5 Scales of Clothing for Women. I've got nearly the full set No.1 - 9 but No.5 continues to elude me.