Help needed!

Jack

Good morning all.

I hope everyone is well and had a good weekend (very polite this morning as I need your help).

My company - Woodland Organics Distribution Ltd have teamed up with a charity called Gearing Up 4 Gorillas. These guys are driving for the long term survival of the critically endangered mountain gorilla with estimates suggesting only 700 individuals remaining.

We had the charity in the office last week and they do not need money, they need kit so they can kit out the rangers and the anti poaching teams with essential equipment to be able to do there job, at the moment they have nothing. This is one of those charities that just shake the tin and take you money and offer you know means of accounatability - here we can see the results. Here is their website http://www.g4g.co.uk and you will also be able to follow their progress from our site to when our webmaster has done his bit http://www.woodlandorganics.com

The RAF will be supplying a Herc to fly out all of the kit and I am not asking anyone for anything just a heads up on who/waht companies we should approach to be able to help fulfil their wish list below. We have sorted 400 silva compasses this morning and now working on the rest.

Be interested to know who I should approach to get 400 jerrycans?

Equipment for DRC Rangers

Toyota Hilux pick ups – Mark II or III (new spares/tyres bought from Milners - Hebdon Bridge) plus maintenance tools / manuals in French…

Short wave radio hand sets / base station (they currently have a few Motorola GP340 sets that def work) plus solar panels for charging (cheapest in S Africa)

Diesel generators – 3-5 kva is all they need

Jerry cans – seconds fine + any ex-military items deemed of use in bush

Flak jackets (out of date or unwanted ‘seconds’)

Mountain bikes (adult size) (we buy appropriate spares to take)

Binoculars

Lightweight 2-3 man tents & sleeping bags, camping utensils etc

Sealed, portable 1st Aid kits

Small, hand-held compasses

Very basic watches – few rangers have them

Infra-red ‘night vision’ monocles – for the Advance Force

Working laptops – plus any leads

Digital cameras – plus pc lead, relevant software if poss but not crucial

SLR cameras, film batteries

Powerpoint projectors for training purposes

Various sized boots

(Uniform – funds needed to purchase in DRC so it is ‘uniform’)

Many thanks for your time.

Best wishes.

Jack.