What shelter is this?

Mad Mitch

123-1.jpgHi

I have a shelter canvas (or main parts of) that I think is a lean to type that comes off a box body or workshop body. It is a rubbery canvas with brass eyelets and hooks and loads of buckles. The windows are more of the same material that was used for canvas used on champs etc (leatherette?) all brand new never used and stored in dry place for a very long time. Any ideas of what it is from and if anyone wants it open to reasonable offers.

Very heavy items so not a clue as to shipping costs -it is in Glasgow at moment. some more photos available from my mate's photo site.

126.jpg

125.jpg

112-2.jpg

110.jpg

123.jpg

Looks like parts of a vyanide shelter (No 25 Mk 1??) that is distinctive with the oiled cotton light green window panels and the X reinforced panel which was used on top or side depending on varient.

It looks in brand new condition and Grade 1++ I am sure someone who either has one or the frames etc would bite your hand off for it.

Pity you don't have complete set (poles/pegs etc) as they are worth a few bob now. Common use by commers and early bedford RLs in 50s and other vehicle Humber pigs etc. I think in the forum Clives Section there is a thread all about them re Army Shelters in PDF format.

Added later

I see the side panels with the sand pockets to add weight on hard ground where you couldn't peg into ground. The shelter panels looks like a full set (or near enough ) and the main panel with the X reinforcement has the panels with the windows that wrap around corner and the seperate panels to add side and rear to make light tight. Last complete one I seen in not as good condition as this one went for over £500 at an auction I was at.

Edited by gazzaw

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I have a shelter canvas (or main parts of) that I think is a lean to type that comes off a box body or workshop body. It is a rubbery canvas with brass eyelets and hooks and loads of buckles. The windows are more of the same material that was used for canvas used on champs etc (leatherette?) all brand new never used and stored in dry place for a very long time. Any ideas of what it is from and if anyone wants it open to reasonable offers.

On the inside of the canvas should be a stencilled FV number along with the typical broad arrow and possibly a date. Could you photograph or post that information please