Bournemouth Aviation Museum Military Vehicle and Cockpit Day 26th Sept

Following on from last years successful,albeit small,show,I am posting this to announce this year's event.We plan to have on show alongside our exhibits as many visiting military vehicles and cockpits as we can,to really put this event on the map.

If anyone on the forum would like to attend with either a vehicle or cockpit,or even as a living history scenario (any era is welcome for all 3,but we cannot accept any Nazi/SS portrayals) please get in touch via this posting or my email at bizfreeq@yahoo.co.uk for further details.We also plan to have a few militaria stalls and Vulcan to the Sky should be in attendance too with their sales tent.

Cheers

Mark

Hi im Steve co-organiser with Mark of the Military Vehicle and Cockpit Day and we would be delighted if you could attend on the 26th September.

Below is the General details:

We have visiting Military Vehicles and Aircraft Cockpits coming from other Museums with the Military Vehicle Trust on display, also 118th Signals Living History Group

A great chance to see Re-enactors and Living History displays from the Second World War up to the present day. The RAF Hurn group will be displaying information about the Airfield during WWII, Tank Museum might be attending with a vehicle and the New Forest Airfield Association will be on site. Were hoping the Vulcan to the Sky will be bringing a stall as well.

We have asked for a BBMF flypast but nothing has been confirmed as yet.

There will be trade stands selling Militaria and of course you can see our own Aircraft collection and visit our shop, food outlets and children's entertainment will be available on site so great day out for all the family!

All this just for the usual £4 for adults, £2 5-16 yrs old, £1.50 3-4yrs old and free for under 3s.

If you would like to display a vehicle or have a Trade Stand please contact: stevetydeman@yahoo.co.uk or bizfreeq@yahoo.co.uk

You can set up your display Saturday if its easier and there are a few campsites/Hotels near the museum. Please book in in advance to guarantee the space you need

Any More Info needed please just ask as were a friendly bunch and aways happy to help.

Edited by 118thsignalsregiment

we would love to attend,are we allowed to stay on site with our equipment over the sat night?if not what is the earlyest that we can get on site on the sunday? and i shall emaill the other guy now to book ourselves in, cheers darren

ps weve just bought a s3 109 ffr

Edited by blue red blue

we would love to attend,are we allowed to stay on site with our equipment over the sat night?if not what is the earlyest that we can get on site on the sunday? and i shall emaill the other guy now to book ourselves in, cheers darren

ps weve just bought a s3 109 ffr

Darren/All

Camping on site is not available I am afraid,however if anyone wishes to drop gear off on Saturday,by prior arrangement only,we may be able to store in a dry,locked area overnight if needed (but nothing too large!).This will of course only be done at the owner's own risk,we will not be responsible for any losses.The earliest you can be on site Sunday will be around 7.45am.Vehicles entering the site all have to be in situ By 9.30 (for a 10am opening) and must remain until the end of the show at 17.00,as we are not allowed to have moving vehicles within the museum whilst the public are present (H & S and insurance reasons). However there will be plenty of space outside the Museum for vehicle parking and display in a large cordoned off area immediately outside the entrance.If parked here then you can come and go as you like but do co-ordinate with the marshalls please.All vehicle entrants are given two complimentary entrance tickets for driver/passenger.Any additional passengers will have to pay entrance (living history/re-enactors exempt).

Booking forms will be available on the Bournemouth Aviation museum website in the next few days,however if you want one now please email myself or Steve at the email addresses given in the previous postings and we will get one out to you asap.

Hope to see a lot of you there,and put some faces to names

All the best

Mark

• 4 weeks later...

The Military Vehicle and cockpit day planning is going well, if you are still to be booked in we have space email stevetydeman@yahoo.co.uk for a form or call 07592190059 after 6pm.

Help the Heroes have confirmed they will be collecting on the day so lets raise as much as we can!

Many Thanks

BAM

Events Team

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update this Sundays Military Vehilce and Cockpit Day at the Bournemouth Aviation Museum is open to the public from 10am.

We have space for any vehicles that would like to arrive on the day but please do so by 09:30 or you will have to park with the outside display.

Many Thanks

Steve

118th Signals Regiment Blog:

http://118thsignalsregiment.blog.co.uk/2010/09/19/11-12th-september-weekend-in-the-forest-hyde-nr-fordingbridge-9420561/

Military Vehicle and Cockpit Day Sunday 26th September

www.aviation-museum.co.uk

Thanks very much for your kind words there Darren,nice to know the work Steve and I put in was appreciated.I have to say thanks also go out to you and your crew for making the effort to come all that way,and for the display you guys set up,very impressive! I didn't take any photos so I will have to leave posting those to Steve and your good self! Very good meeting you all,and hope to see you again,sooner rather than later!:D

All the best

Mark