Hi to everyone my name is Glenda Harris and i am from Australia. i have become a member to this forum as i am doing some research on a gernerator my father inlaw has picked up and we are very interested in all we can find out abour it as he would like to retore it i would be so greatful if any one could help with all your klnowlage thanks from Glenda.

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

Thanks Tony i am still having trouble finding the age of the unit and what it would be worth , would you have any idea thanks .

Glenda

Date round about 1942 on, most of the BSA kit seems to be early 1950's. Value um ah. Not spectacularlly valuable. But a useful bit of kit During the clod winter we have just had in UK mine was out a couple of times giving a fast charge to lorries and a tractor . Manuals on line from here: http://www.royalsignals.org.uk/batteries-chargers.html Mechanically simple. Be carful though the rectifier is made of Boron, the dust is toxic. Mine seems to run quite happy on unleaded fuel.

From the photos yours seems to be all there, except the external frame. You can use a charged battery to turn it over by pusing the red button on the front of the rectifier control panel. I've never managed to pull start mine!. They are a magneto system so once running will keep going.

Edited by Tony B

Thanks again Tony you have help alot my Father inlaw has had it running from the pull start and the red button aswell. he has a few people that would like to buy it but not shore what to put on it .I need to do more reasearch thanks from Glenda

Your'e welcome Glenda. That's what the Forum is here for. If your Father in Law is in a remote location and uses a lot of twelve volt battreies, I'd urge him to keep it. Much more solid than a modern battreycharge /starter pack.