Newbie - UK road Laws....

NDC

Hi guys,

Fantastic site.

New to the forum due to the loan of a 1950 Hotchkiss/Willys Jeep (at least I think that's what it is - I hope to get more info soon and owner permitting, post a few images - its been completely refurbished and is now in the colours of the Para's).

Just wondering about the legal requirements using the jeep around my local roads?

(no seat belts or doors etc) My wife and my very excitable son would love mini excusions around the doors !

Cheers for now

Mark

AS long as you have a current MOT certificate, insurance and road tax you are road legal. Vehicles of this age do not need to be fitted with seat belts although if you do fit them they need to comply with current legislation and will become part of the MOT test, the vehicle was not manufactured with doors, end of story. Hope this helps, now just go out and enjoy. :-D :-D :-D

Degsy is spot on.

No worries there but it is a strange feeling knowing that you don't have to strap yourself in but I also tell the kiddies to brace themselves when we go around corners, you just never know.

And welcome aboard :-D

Cheers

Jack

Degsy, Jack - thanks.

I thought that would be the case.

Lets hope the weather holds out this week :-D :-D

I'll post more info soon - will no doubt need your expertise over the coming months :-)

Cheers guys,

Mark