News on the OT front

RSSRobot

Been an MOT and phoning day today. Well - it was after I got my hearing back from the missus eruption over the PKT's....

Spent the morning getting my F-250 through it's first MOT so I can use it on Thursday if all goes to plan. Had to be a Class VII due to the weight. It had to be one of the funniest MOT tests I've ever seen starting with the tester opening the door & jumping in only to realize the steering wheel and pedals are on the other side of the vehicle!! Then the emmissions test had to be repeated a few times - seems the output is so low no one believed it and thought the meter was acting up. Finally they needed the mileage - odo is electronic and I had the devil own job convincing them the 8,860 figure was the actual mileage and not the trip recording...

Once home it was then a job of ringing Ryton Arms to pay for the PKT's - £860 for the three. Luckily Tony hadn't sold the third one as I'd forgotten about the one in the co-ax mount beside the KVPT in the turret. They are going off to the proof house tomorrow so the back of the OT will be un-encumbered if it gets to the plains. This just leaves me the KVPT to source and an RPG-7 then it'll be the most complete OT-90 this side of the iron curtain!!

That took me up to 16:00 so I gave Richard a ring at Russian Military to check on the status of the OT's registration process - lucky I did because he'd forgotten about it. I leae the reaction this end to your collective imaginations!! He's now chasing it up and will be ringing back in half an hour.

All in all a busy day!!!

That took me up to 16:00 so I gave Richard a ring at Russian Military to check on the status of the OT's registration process - lucky I did because he'd forgotten about it. I leae the reaction this end to your collective imaginations!! He's now chasing it up and will be ringing back in half an hour.

All in all a busy day!!!

Another example of Catweazle's name for things:coffee::argh:

Neil you must be gutted, nothing goes to plan for you at the moment, hope he sorts it in time but I fear it may be tomorrow as in my experience most Govt dept's don't want to know about phone calls after 4pm, however now crossing everything Ican for you.

If only there had been a video camera there to catch the suprise/shock of that inspector not finding the controls where he expected them to be !!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rotfl::rotfl:

and the mileage they must have thought you only drove it the church each Sunday . Glad that that at least did go well .