From Oxford to Morocco in an Austin K2 ambulance.

David B.

In the early 1960's students from Oxford University travelled from Oxford to Morocco in a 1944 Austin K2 Ambulance.

The trip was reported in "Payload" the Austin commercial vehicle magazine in a two page article in the May/June 1963 issue a copy of which was sold recently on Ebay.

I bid unsuccessfully,thinking it would not sell for very much and have now come to regret my low £5 bid as I would dearly like to read this article.

Oxford is my home town,I have a K2 and I have spent a little time in Morocco - I'm not proposing to repeat the trip but I would like to read the article.

Can anyone help with a photocopy or scan of this magazine article - perhaps even the purchaser ?

All reasonable expences would be covered if anyone can help with a copy. Any help in locating the magazine article or any other accounts of the trip would also be greatly appreciated.

David Belcher

Edited by David B.

• 4 weeks later...
In the early 1960's students from Oxford University travelled from Oxford to Morocco in a 1944 Austin K2 Ambulance.

The trip was reported in "Payload" the Austin commercial vehicle magazine in a two page article in the May/June 1963 issue a copy of which was sold recently on Ebay.

I bid unsuccessfully,thinking it would not sell for very much and have now come to regret my low £5 bid as I would dearly like to read this article.

Oxford is my home town,I have a K2 and I have spent a little time in Morocco - I'm not proposing to repeat the trip but I would like to read the article.

Can anyone help with a photocopy or scan of this magazine article - perhaps even the purchaser ?

All reasonable expences would be covered if anyone can help with a copy. Any help in locating the magazine article or any other accounts of the trip would also be greatly appreciated.

David Belcher

Has anyone come across this article or can suggest where to look for it ?