Shipping from the USA.

Guest matt

Just wondering if anyone has any advice or information on shipping a parcel from the USA,the parcel weighs 65lbs and measures 35+25+25".I looked on the Fedex site and they would charge $360 for 4 day delivery to the UK.I would like to find somthing cheeper but slower! plus it seems a lot to pay for a $100 engine.

Any advice greatfully received!!

Matt.

Hi Matt, I shipped some stuff from Seattle. Used BAX GLOBAL

(020 8899 3000) They were very reasonable in 2003.

However the best deals are done on "Make Weights" and must be arranged from the sending end. I also believe freight cost have changed since then because of fuel etc.

Its worth a shot.

Karoshi

Hi Matt.

I will be able to help you out with some figures, as you may know, we import from the US all the time.

Companies like Fedex, UPS and DHL provide a great service if you need some documents sent over in hurry but forget them if you are looking at bringing in some freight, 64lbs would be freight.

We use Seko a fair bit http://www.sekoworldwide.com/ but I will have a better look when I am in the office tomorrow and see what the costings are.

Cheers.

jack.

Thanks Guys that's great!! the engine in question is a USAAF ground power unit and is for me and my mate Paul's AAF ground equipment display.

Jack I will send you the wipers tomorrow.

Cheers!

Matt.