Repairs to Little Maud the Stalwart - update.

RSSRobot

News of a different vehicle for a change!! :)

Went down to RR today - we have an arrangement where I pay for the work to repair my Stalwart as it progresses. Mike the owner had located a donor hull to replace the damaged areas on little Mauds so I was paying for this, the transport and work to date. Thus far they have the repaired hull up and running. Not as simple as it sounds - apparently everything in/on little Mauds hull that wasn't rigidly bolted down had moved in someway. Impressive...... :-(

Anyways - all is now running well, just need to check the brakes over and the mechanicals are sorted - then the hull areas need cleaning and repainting. We're getting there and Kerry & the guys at RR are doing a 1st class job.

Whilst there I took the chance to get my old DMS boots out of the cab where the paramedic dropped them months ago. A bit of a mess but I've really rubbed a lot of Kiwi into them and they are being left for a day to absorb it before another application. Only thing is - the laces were cut to remove them. Anyone remember how long laces should be for 1970's era DMS boots??? :)